Joseph William Arnold brought Bennetts Farm in 1920 when it consisted of one barn and 11 acres but no farm house.
Since 1938, his son Ernest gradually expanded the acreage over many years providing fruit and vegetables and taking them to Birmingham Market and selling from the rear of a lorry.
He started growing rhubarb in 1941.
Ernest's son William (Bill) started working on the farm in 1960 straight from school and continued with his father until Ernest's death in 1983.
In 1978 both parsley and sage was grown for drying at LBG in Badsey, Evesham 30 miles away. 1978 also saw the end of selling from the lorry at Birmingham Market.